1. Selina Rajan, Martin McKee, [….] Omar Rahman, Romaina Iqbal, Hu Bo, Zhu Yibing, Li Wei, Salim Yusuf. (June 2020). Association of Symptoms of Depression With Cardiovascular Disease and Mortality in Low-, Middle-, and High-Income Countries. JAMA Psychiatry. Published online June 10, 2020. doi:10.10
2. Perry Hystad, Andrew Larkin, […] Omar Rahman, […]Salim Yusuf, Michael Brauer. (June 2020). Associations of outdoor fine particulate air pollution and cardiovascular disease in 157 436 individuals from 21 high-income, middle-income, and low-income countries (PURE): a prospective cohort study. The Lancet Planetary Health Volume 4, Issue 6, June 2020, Pages e235-e245
3. Frances Griffiths, Jocelyn Anstey Watkins, Caroline Huxley, Bronwyn Harris,[…] Omar Rahman, Jo Sartori, Saleem Sayani, Komal Tabani, Rita Yusuf, Jackie Sturt. (April 2020). Mobile consulting (mConsulting) and its potential for providing access to quality healthcare for populations living in low-resource settings of low- and middle-income countries. Digital Health, Volume 6, April 20, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1177/2055207620919594
4. Salim Yusuf, Philip Joseph, Sumathy Rangarajan, Shofiqul Islam, […] Omar Rahman, […] Martin McKee, Gilles Dagenais. (March 2020). Modifiable risk factors, cardiovascular disease, and mortality in 155 722 individuals from 21 high-income, middle-income, and low-income countries (PURE): a prospective cohort study. The Lancet Volume 395, Issue 10226, 7–13 March 2020, Pages 795-808
5. Gilles R Dagenais, Darryl P Leong, Sumathy Rangarajan, Fernando Lanas, [….] Omar Rahman, […] Koon K Teo, Philip Joseph, Salim Yusuf. (March 2020). Variations in common diseases,hospital admissions, and deaths in middle-aged adults in 21 countries from five continents (PURE):a prospective cohort study. The Lancet. Volume 395, Issue 10226, 7–13 March 2020, Pages 785-794.
6. Kaushalya Jayaweera, Jeffrey M Craig, Helena MS Zavos, Nihal Abeysinghe, [….] Omar Rahman[…] Emily Simonoff, Rita Yusuf, Athula Sumathipala. (October 2019). Protocol for establishing a child and adolescent twin register for mental health research and capacity building in Sri Lanka and other low and middle-income countries in South Asia. BMJ open, Volume 9, Issue 10, Pages e029332.
7. Improving Health in Slums Collaborative (2019). A protocol for a multi-site, spatially referenced household survey in slum settings: methods for access, sampling frame construction, sampling, and field data. BMC Medical Research Methodology. (2019) 19:109. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12874-019-0732-x
8. Perry Hystad, MyLinh Duong, Michael Brauer, Andrew Larkin,[…] Omar Rahman, […], Sumathy Rangarajan, Koon Teo, Salim Yusuf (May 8, 2019). ―Health Effects of Household Solid Fuel Use: Findings from 11 Countries within the Prospective Urban and Rural Epidemiology Study‖. Environmental health perspectives 127 (5)
9. MyLinh Duong, Shofiqul Islam, Sumathy Rangarajan, Darryl Leong, […] Omar Rahman, […], Paul M O'Byrne, Salim Yusuf ( xxx, 2019). ―Mortality and cardiovascular and respiratory morbidity in individuals with impaired FEV1 (PURE): an international, community-based cohort study‖. The Lancet Global Health 7 (5) e613-e623
10. Benjamin Palafox, Yevgeniy Goryakin, David Stuckler, Marc Suhrcke,[…] Omar Rahman, […], Salim Yusuf, Martin McKee ( December 1, 2017). ―Does greater individual social capital improve the management ofhypertension? Cross-national analysis of 61,229 individuals in 21countries‖. BMJ global health 2 (4), e000443.
11. M Dehghan, A Mente, X Zhang, S Swaminathan, W Li, V Mohan, R Iqbal, [...] O Rahman, […], R Garcia(Nov 4, 2017). ―Associations of fats and carbohydrate intake with cardiovasculardisease and mortality in 18 countries from five continents (PURE): aprospective cohort study‖. The Lancet 390 (10107), 2050-2062.
12. Victoria Miller, Andrew Mente, Mahshid Dehghan, Sumathy Rangarajan, Xiaohe Zhang, [...] Omar Rahman, […], PA Camacho Lopez ( November 4, 2017). ―Fruit, vegetable, and legume intake, and cardiovascular disease and deaths in 18 countries (PURE): a prospective cohort study‖. The Lancet 390 (10107), 2037-2049
13. A Mente, M Dehghan, S Rangarajan, M McQueen, G Dagenais, [...] Omar Rahman, […], Hu Bo (October 1, 2017). ‖Association of dietary nutrients with blood lipids and blood pressure in18 countries: a cross-sectional analysis from the PURE study‖. The Lancet Diabetes & Endocrinology 5 (10), 774-787
14. Martin-Joy, John S, Malone, Johanna C, Cui, Xing-Jia, Johansen, Pål-Ørjan Cand, Hill, Kevin P, Rahman, M. Omar, Waldinger, Robert J, Vaillant, George E ( September 2017). ―Development of Adaptive Coping From Mid to Late Life: A 70-Year Longitudinal Study of Defense Maturity and Its Psychosocial Correlates‖. The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease: 205 (9), 685-691
15. Clara K Chow, Daniel J Corsi, Anna B Gilmore, Annamarie Kruger, [....] Omar Rahman, [...], Salim Yusuf ( March 1, 2017). ―Tobacco control environment: cross-sectional survey of policy implementation, social unacceptability, knowledge of tobacco health harms and relationship to quit ratio in 17 low-income, middle-income and high-income countries‖. BMJ open 7 (3), e013817.
16. MyLinh Duong, Sumathy Rangarajan, Xiaohe Zhang, Kieran Killian, Prem Mony, [...], Omar Rahman, Rita Yusuf, [...], Salim Yusuf (February 28, 2017) ‖Effects of bidi smoking on all-cause mortality and cardiorespiratory outcomes in men from south Asia: an observational community- based substudy of the Prospective Urban Rural Epidemiology Study (PURE)‖. The Lancet Global Health 5 (2) e168-e176.
17. Rajeev Gupta, Manmeet Kaur, Shofiqul Islam, Viswanathan Mohan, Prem Mony, [...] Omar Rahman, [...],Sumathy Rangarajan, Salim Yusuf (January 7, 2017). ―Association of Household Wealth Index, Educational Status, and Social Capital with Hypertension Awareness, Treatment, and Control in South Asia‖. American journal of hypertension 30 (4), 373-381
18. DP Leong, KK Teo, S Rangarajan, V Kutty, [...] Omar Rahman, [...], Salim Yusuf (December 31,2016) ―Reference ranges of handgrip strength from 125,462 healthy adults in 21 countries: a prospective urban rural epidemiologic (PURE) study.‖ Journal of cachexia, sarcopenia and muscle 7 (5), 535-546
19. Victoria Miller, Salim Yusuf, Clara K Chow, Mahshid Dehghan, [...] Omar Rahman, [...], Andrew Mente ( October 31, 2016). ― Availability, affordability, and consumption of fruits and vegetables in 18 countries across income levels: findings from the Prospective Urban Rural Epidemiology (PURE) study.‖ The Lancet Global Health 4 (10), e695-e703
20. Gilles R. Dagenais, Hertzel C. Gerstein, Xiaohe Zhang, [….] Omar Rahman, […], Salim Yusuf (May1, 2016). ―Variations in Diabetes Prevalence in Low-, Middle-, and High-Income Countries: Results from the Prospective Urban and Rural Epidemiology Study‖. Diabetes Care 39(5), 780-787.
21. Parminder Raina, Nazmul Sohel, Mark Oremus, […], O Rahman, […], Liao Xiaoyang (April 1, 2016).―Assessing global risk factors for non-fatal injuries from road traffic accidents and falls in adults aged 35–70 years in 17 countries: a cross-sectional analysis of the Prospective Urban Rural Epidemiological (PURE) study‖. Injury Prevention, 22(2), 92-98.
22. Rasha Khatib, Martin McKee, Harry Shannon, […], Omar Rahman, […], Salim Yusuf, PURE Study Investigators (January 8, 2016). ―Availability and affordability of cardiovascular disease medicines and their effect on use in high-income, middle-income, and low-income countries: an analysis of the PURE study data‖. The Lancet, 387(10013), 61-69
23. Darryl P Leong, Koon K Teo, Sumathy Rangarajan, […], Omar Rahman, […], Salim Yusuf (January 1, 2016). ―Reference Ranges of Handgrip Strength from 125,462 Healthy Adults in 21 Countries: A Prospective Urban Rural Epidemiologic (PURE) Study‖. Journal of Cachexia, Sarcopenia and Muscle.
24. Emily Savell, Anna B Gilmore, Michelle Sims, […]. Omar Rahman, […], Clara K Chow (December,2015). ―The environmental profile of a community's health: a cross-sectional study on tobacco marketing in 16 countries‖. Bulletin of the World Health Organization, 93(12), 851-861.
25. Darryl Leong, S. Yusuf, S. Rangarajan, K. Teo, [....], Omar Rahman, [...], G. Dagenais (July 24,2015). ―Prognostic value of grip strength: findings from the Prospective Urban Rural Epidemiology (PURE) Study‖. The Lancet, 386(9990), 266-273.
26. S Islam, O Rahman, M Hossain, A Khaleque (2015). ―Antioxidant Activity of Some Common Seasonal Fruitsof Bangladesh‖. Biores Comm 1 (1), 28-31.
27. Maria Steinisch, Rita Yusuf, Jian Li, […], Omar Rahman, […], Adrian Loerbroks (December 31,2014). ― Work stress and hair cortisol levels among workers in a Bangladeshi ready-made garment factory-Results from a cross-sectional study‖. Psychoneuroendocrinology, 50, 20-27.
28. Salim Yusuf, S. Rangarajan, K. Teo, [....], O. Rahman, [...], G. Dagenais (August 28, 2014). ―Cardiovascular Risk and Events in 17 Low-, Middle-, and High-Income Countries‖. New England Journal of Medicine, 371(9), 818-827.
29. Rajeev Gupta, Shofiqul Islam, Prem Mony, […], Omar Rahman, […] Salim Yusuf (June 18, 2014). ―Socioeconomic factors and use of secondary preventive therapies for cardiovascular diseases in South Asia: The PURE study‖. European Journal of Preventive Cardiology, 2047487314540386
30. Maria Steinisch , RitaYusuf , JianLi , OmarRahman , Hasan M.Ashraf , Christian Strümpell , JoachimE.Fischer, AdrianLoerbroks (November 20, 2013). ―Work stress: Its components and its association with self-reported health outcomes in a garment factory in Bangladesh—Findings from a cross-sectional study‖.Health & Place 24(2013)123–130.
31. Daniel J. Corsi, S.V. Subramanian, Clara K. Chow, [....],M. Omar Rahman, [...], Salim Yusuf (October31, 2013). ―Prospective Urban Rural Epidemiology (PURE) study: Baseline characteristics of the household sample and comparative analyses with national data in 17 countries‖. American Heart Journal, 166(4), 636-646.
32. Teo Koon, Scott Lear, […], Omar Rahman, […]Salim Yusuf (April 17, 2013). ―Prevalence of a Healthy Lifestyle Among Individuals With Cardiovascular Disease in High-, Middle- and Low-Income Countries The Prospective Urban Rural Epidemiology (PURE) Study‖. JAMA The Journal of the American Medical Association 309(15):1613-1621.
33. Salim Yusuf, Shofiqul Islam, [….], Omar Rahman […] et al. (October 7, 2011). ―Use of secondary prevention drugs for cardiovascular disease in the community in high-income, middle-income, and low-income countries (the PURE Study): a prospective epidemiological survey‖. The Lancet,378(9798):1231-43.
34. Corsi DJ, Chow CK, Lear SA, Rahman MO, Subramanian S, Teo KK (June 1, 2011). ―Shared environments: a multilevel analysis of community context and child nutritional status in Bangladesh‖. Public Health Nutr. 2011 Feb 11:1-9.
35. Rahman, M.O. and R. Khan (2007). ― Outmigration of Health Professionals from Bangladesh: Prospects of diaspora formation for homeland development‖. Asian Population Studies, Vol3, #2, pp:135-152.
36. Rahman, M . Omar, Menken J, Kuhn, R, (2004). ―The impact of family members on the self- reported health of older men and women in a rural area of Bangladesh‖. Ageing & Society. 24(6):903-920.
37. Rahman, M. Omar and Arthur Barsky, (2003). ―Self Reported Health among older Bangladeshis: How good a health indicator is it‖? The Gerontologist Dec; 43(6):856-63.
38. Rahman, M. Omar and Jihong Liu, (2000). ―Gender Differences in Functioning for Older Adults in Rural Bangladesh. The impact of differential reporting‖. Journals of Gerontology: Medical Sciences 55A(1): M28-M33.
39. Rahman, M. Omar, (2000). ―The impact of co-resident spouses and sons on elderly mortality in rural Bangladesh‖.Journal of Bio-social Science32:89-98.
40. Rahman, M. Omar, (1999). ―Family matters. The impact of kin on elderly mortality in rural Bangladesh‖. Population Studies, 53: 227-235.
41. Rahman, M. Omar, (1999). ―Age and gender variation in the impact of household structure on elderly mortality‖. International Journal of Epidemiology,28: 485-491.
42. Rahman M. Omar, (1997). "The Impact of Spouses on the Mortality of Older Individuals in Rural Bangladesh". Health Transition Review, vol. 7 (1).
43. Ronan A, A.K. Azad, M. Omar Rahman, R.E. Phillips, and M.L. Bennish, (1997). ―Hyperglycemia during Childhood Diarrhea‖. The Journal of Pediatrics
44. Rahman M. Omar, J. Strauss, P. Gertler, and K. Fox, (1994). "Gender Differences in Adult Health: An International Comparison". The Gerontologist, vol. 34(4):463-469.
45. Peabody J, M. Omar Rahman, K. Fox, and P. Gertler, (1994). ―Public and Primary Delivery of Health Care Services in Jamaica. A Comparison of Quality in Different Types of Facilities". Bulletin of the Pan American Health Organization 117(3): 193-212
46. Gertler, P., and M. Omar Rahman, (1993). ―Social Infrastructure and Urban Poverty in Asia‖. Asian Development Bank, March.
47. Gertler P., Rahman M. Omar, Ashley D. and K. Fox, (1993). ―Determinants of Pregnancy Outcomes and Targeting of Maternal Health Services in Jamaica”. Social Science and Medicine 37(2): 199-211.
48. DaVanzo J., Rahman M. Omar, and Wadhwa K. T., (1993). ―American Families: Policy Issues‖. Population Index 59(4):547-566.
49. Strauss J, Gertler P, Rahman M. Omar et al., (1993). Gender and life-cycle differentials in the patterns and determinants of adult health‖. Journal of Human Resources; 28(4): 791-837
50. Rahman M. Omar, 1993. "Excess Mortality for the Non-Married in Rural Bangladesh". International Journal ofEpidemiology, vol. 22(3):445-456.
51. Rahman M. Omar and M. Bennish, (1993). "Health Response to Natural Disasters: The Case of the Bangladesh Cyclone of 1991". Social Science and Medicine, 36(7): 903-914.
52. Rahman M. Omar, Menken J, and Foster A, (1992). ―Older Widow Mortality in Rural Bangladesh‖. SocialScience and Medicine 34(1): 89-96.
53. Bennish M, Phillips J, Rahman M. Omar, and Azad A, (1990). ― Hypoglycemia During Diarrhea in Childhood: Prevalence, Pathophysiology and Outcome‖. New England Journal of Medicine 332:1357-1363
54. Rahman M. Omar, Bennish M., Alam A. and Salam A, (1988). ―Rapid Intravenous Rehydration by Means of a Single Polyelectrolyte Solution with or without Dextrose‖. J. Pediatrics, pp. 654-660.